1) Our timeline much more closely resembles the Pern of Moreta and Nerilka than any other books. Obviously there are some differences (women riding browns, greens and blues), but if it comes to a question of appropriateness, we'll start with them.
2) The BoD will not tolerate any sort of harsh behavior between members. What do we mean? Cattiness, outright putdowns, anything. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but we don't want to hear people saying "Why did she get the gold? She's ...." or "People under [certain age] shouldn't be allowed, they're too immature..." or anything of the sort. We've been there, we've done that and we won't put up with it again.
3) We do not appreciate b*itchiness. This is a club for grown-ups - we all have real lives, which, generally, will take precedence over this game. This must be understood in advance and is the reason we have no formal Leave of Absence policy (though, of course, we would appreciate a quick email.) There will NOT be any complaints because a thread doesn't move as fast as you like. Please remember: We have lives and expect you do too.
4) The Three-Strike Rule: Our formal problem policy goes like this: two warnings and the third time, we'll tell you to leave. However, formal warnings won't be given for little problems, miscommunications, etc. These will be situations where a member deliberately and knowingly pushes beyond reasonable bounds. We'd prefer never to have to exercise this policy, but, having dealt with difficult members, we want our position clear.
5) Regarding Personas: If you disappear (defined as leaving the mailing list without a word to us or being on the mailing list without any communication for twelve consecutive months), your characters will be considered abandoned and turned into cannon (plot) fodder as necessary. If you don't want that to happen, tell me when you leave.
6) The BOD are the final rule on everything. While we may solicit opinions, we reserve the right to say 'No' and have that be an end of the matter.